The only prerequisite you need have already installed on your machine is JRE 1.8.
Now go to and unpack the latest release of ot-clean
and add it to your
PATH so it will be visible and executable in the command line.
You might want to read also How to efficiently manage PATH variable in Windows.
If you’re on other platforms you just need to add the executable to the path similar to Windows solution.
I’m planning to write down a small tutorial for Unix-like systems but feel free to submit PR
if you manage to run on your platform.
If you like, you can just put
ot-clean.jar file in a directory where you are planning
to perform cleanup and just type
java -jar ot-clean.jar. This will make your installation
purely portable and connected with your project.
The ot-clean series
This blog post is one of the series about the ot-clean. Simple open source tool that maintains your projects directories cleaned from all the garbage. Feel free to look at the source code or readme page for more information. You can also submit pull request or post suggestion. This text participates in open source blogging competition.
All posts from the ot-clean series
- 06 May 2016 » ot-clean, Final version
- 04 May 2016 » ot-clean, Tests refactoring
- 29 Apr 2016 » ot-clean, Refactoring and cleaning DSL (4/4)
- 26 Apr 2016 » ot-clean, Refactoring and cleaning DSL (3/4)
- 22 Apr 2016 » ot-clean, Refactoring and cleaning DSL (2/4)
- 19 Apr 2016 » ot-clean, Refactoring and cleaning DSL (1/4)
- 15 Apr 2016 » ot-clean, MatcherAssert vs Assert, which assertThat?
- 12 Apr 2016 » ot-clean, Grails 2.x/3.x, PlayFramework 2.x support
- 08 Apr 2016 » ot-clean, Complete use case
- 05 Apr 2016 » ot-clean, Scan multiple unrelated directories
- 01 Apr 2016 » ot-clean, Coveralls integration and code cleanup
- 29 Mar 2016 » ot-clean, How to access maven artifact version at runtime?
- 25 Mar 2016 » ot-clean, Wildcards
- 21 Mar 2016 » ot-clean, Zero maintenance overhead
- 18 Mar 2016 » ot-clean, Functional config file preprocessing
- 15 Mar 2016 » ot-clean, Cascade and arguments
- 11 Mar 2016 » ot-clean, Handle any project using YAML format
- 08 Mar 2016 » ot-clean, Quickstart
- 04 Mar 2016 » ot-clean, YAML node alias surprise
- 01 Mar 2016 » ot-clean, Single clean to clean them all!
About the author
Grzegorz Gajos, Software Architect with international consulting and programming background. Co-founder of Open Tangerine Software House. Quality evangelist. An experienced entrepreneur, out of the box thinker and problem solver.