ot-clean, Cascade and arguments
The ot-clean is not deleting any files by default. It means, when you run ot-clean, it is going to list files that eventually might go away. If you’re happy with the list of directories to remove, you can use
-d switch to actually remove those files:
By default ot-clean command is trying to clean only a project in the current directory.
You can traverse all nested directories (look for all nested
.clean.yml) files by simply providing
This behaves similarly to the
.gitignore. It is especially helpful when you have
multiple projects and want to clean up all of them at once.
In other words to make your work directory clean again, you can run:
ot-clean -r -d
… and let the magic happen for you.
The ot-clean series
This blog post is one of the series about the ot-clean. Simple open source tool that maintains your projects directories cleaned from all the garbage. Feel free to look at the source code or readme page for more information. You can also submit pull request or post suggestion. This text participates in open source blogging competition.
All posts from the ot-clean series
- 06 May 2016 » ot-clean, Final version
- 04 May 2016 » ot-clean, Tests refactoring
- 29 Apr 2016 » ot-clean, Refactoring and cleaning DSL (4/4)
- 26 Apr 2016 » ot-clean, Refactoring and cleaning DSL (3/4)
- 22 Apr 2016 » ot-clean, Refactoring and cleaning DSL (2/4)
- 19 Apr 2016 » ot-clean, Refactoring and cleaning DSL (1/4)
- 15 Apr 2016 » ot-clean, MatcherAssert vs Assert, which assertThat?
- 12 Apr 2016 » ot-clean, Grails 2.x/3.x, PlayFramework 2.x support
- 08 Apr 2016 » ot-clean, Complete use case
- 05 Apr 2016 » ot-clean, Scan multiple unrelated directories
- 01 Apr 2016 » ot-clean, Coveralls integration and code cleanup
- 29 Mar 2016 » ot-clean, How to access maven artifact version at runtime?
- 25 Mar 2016 » ot-clean, Wildcards
- 21 Mar 2016 » ot-clean, Zero maintenance overhead
- 18 Mar 2016 » ot-clean, Functional config file preprocessing
- 15 Mar 2016 » ot-clean, Cascade and arguments
- 11 Mar 2016 » ot-clean, Handle any project using YAML format
- 08 Mar 2016 » ot-clean, Quickstart
- 04 Mar 2016 » ot-clean, YAML node alias surprise
- 01 Mar 2016 » ot-clean, Single clean to clean them all!
About the author
Grzegorz Gajos, Software Architect with international consulting and programming background. Co-founder of Open Tangerine Software House. Quality evangelist. An experienced entrepreneur, out of the box thinker and problem solver.